Thank you.

Since there are some developers here with experiance in E-Commerce, the
BigFish developers for example, maybe they've some ideas?

@Pierre Smits:
Thats exactly the kind of setup i am looking for. But for me it's unclear
how the interface between tier 1 and tier 2 should be set up.
Do i connect them on ofbiz level or on database level.

Would i face any limitations in a setup where there is one DB and a
different server for each module? Would they still work together normally?
I think with i well configured database user with not too many access
previleges, the security would suffice in our scenario.

Anyway. Thanks for the answers. I may try to contact the BigFish guys to
check if they would share their experiances.

Regards,
Adrian