Adding a quantity field to WorkEffortInventoryProduced seems to be correct since it exists for WorkEffortInventoryAssign. WorkEffortInventoryAssign also has a statusId field but I'm not sure if its necessary to add to WorkEffortInventoryProduced also.

I discovered that createAcctgTransForWorkEffortInventoryProduced doesn't store the inventoryItemId field while trying to figure out a way to track the original inventory quantities produced by production run tasks. Since my original intent has been satisfied I'm not as worried about the potential accounting issue described. If someone thinks its worth creating a JIRA issue to resolve it then it will be done. Otherwise I'm not sure how to proceed at the moment and will abandon it for now.