Christian,

It seems to me that you are confusing yourself with your own reasoning....

Look at it from this simple and absolute perspective: when executing a
production run that results in the end product beer the outcome of that
intention is either beer (success) or no beer (failure). The rest is a
by-product. Defective end products don't exist. Just end products
(success), wanted by-products (e.g. waste - as in the bags the barley came
in -  or in the beer scenario yeast-residue) and unwanted by-products (the
stuff that you get when failed)

It also seem to me that you are the only one in your organisation carrying
the burden of implementing business case/solution/process and technical
adjustments. Beware of falling on the knife of your own promises.

Regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-