On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 3:21 PM, anon <akemerof...@hotmail.de> wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the detailed break down of the things I have to care about.
> I am thinking more about using a payment gateway, since it is the easy way
> out.

It is easy, but it comes with a price.

On that score, you will need accounts both at the gateway and at a
processing bank.  You might need to see if your chosen bank deals with
the gateway(s) you're interested in, or if your chosen gateway can
help with getting an account at one of the processing banks they deal
with.  Some gateways see that kind of service as part of the benefits
they provide to the merchants they serve.  But that too comes at a
price.

I just recalled reading recently about Amazon's payment services.
They certainly run a vault, but you'll have to check whether or not
they offer vault services to the merchants they serve.  One of the
things I noticed is that they require the merchant to have an account
at a US-based bank, into with they ACH their settlements ot the
merchant.  That may be useful to you, or it may be a deal breaker.
But it is worth checking out since their rates are among the lowest I
have seen anywhere (though Paypal seems competitive too - but then, I
don't know whether Paypal provides vault services).  I don't normally
recommend other businesses, but if you deal with one of the banks that
NMI deals with, you should check out NMI.  They are one of the best
gateways in the business, and quite reasonable (and I know they
support everything you need).  NB: I do not have any connection with
NMI, so you could regard this as a recommendation from a company that
is striving to compete with NMI.  ;-)  Seriously, they are nice guys,
so give them a call and see what they can do for you.  You would have
to integrate them into your shopping cart/billing system, but their
API is one of the best documented, cleanest and simplest APIs I have
seen in this business.

Good luck,

Ted

--