I've found the file providing the app-navigation class for all views:
ofbiz/framework/common/widget/CommonMenus.xml

In there, the class is hard-coded and the Title seems to be set by some
sort of function, which actually does not do anything. If deleted:
"${applicationTitle}" the Title is still showing.

On the same places where ${applicaitonTitle} is defined, there is an
${activeApp} field. But if I insert it into the CommonsMenu.xml file, it
will just be printed out as a string:

So yeah.. what do i miss?