On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 10:56 AM, Adrian Crum
<adrian.c...@sandglass-software.com> wrote:
> True, Eclipse is complex, but the advantage is you only need to learn one
> IDE, not many.

I am beginning to suspect that it is encountering the law of
diminishing returns, in being so complex, many would give up on it.

I can now confirm that the issue is primarily one of my lack of
familiarity with it.  For example, ...

> Many people have difficulty getting Subversion to work in Eclipse, so you
> might want to use an alternate method.

I now know that subversion is working correctly in Eclipse.

I, quite by accident, found a way into a 'package view', and was able
to follow the instructions you previously gave for resolving the build
path errors, and this was successful.  I have now built trunk and
13.07, as checked out using svn, using this method.  Until a few
minutes ago, I did not know that that package view  existed.

> Check out a local copy of the OFBiz project using a regular Subversion
> client, then create a new project in Eclipse that uses the local copy:
>
> File -> New -> Project... -> Java Project -> Next -> uncheck Use default
> location -> browse to local copy of OFBiz -> finish wizard

And this worked too.  I successfully built trunk from the package
view, using this method.

So, now I know two methods to skin this particular cat.

Now, I have both MySQL and Postgres (several instances on several
machines).  Would there be a problem adding their respective JDBC
connectors, so that I can switch between the one and the other just by
modifying the relevant configuration file?  And, can it use the
instances of these connectors that are already installed on my system,
or do I have to download the connectors and copy them into the ofbiz
directory tree?

Thanks

Ted