Ron, Pierre, thanks for the followup

Pierre, using the 'customMethod' approach was actually my first choice
(which is what the "Custom Price Calc Service" in Product Pricing uses).

I mentioned in a previous post that customAttributes is empty when
"calculateProductPrice" is being called from the shopping cart, which I
discovered from tracing the calls back to ShoppingCartItem.updatePrice(). I
saw the patch when the optional "customAttributes" was added to the service
here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1747. However, it doesn't
look like any of the existing calls to the service actually populate
"customAttributes"; just wondering if the intention was for
"customAttributes" to be used with existing calls to "calculateProductPrice"
or simply for future expansion. It would be helpful for example, when doing
the custom price calc, to have a reference to the cart object, or cart
attributes.

Just to give you a bit more insight as to what I'm trying to accomplish.
Essentially I have an order flow where a particular customer can submit an
order, and the customer can affix special instructions to an order which
must be reviewed by staff before the order is marked as Approved. During
this review process (pre-Approval), staff may add/remove products from the
order to accomodate the special instructions. This process is required as
some products are not visible to the customer, and must be added to the
order manually by staff. This is why I'm trying to price the products
retroactively to the order date, since the end user will not be able to
select these products during order time, but still did intend on ordering
those products at the time.

Thanks,
Darrell