Jacopo,

If we normalize the data and reference PartyRole from
PartyRelationship, and remove the fields:

 partyIdFrom
     partyIdTo
       roleTypeIdFrom
     roleTypeIdTo
      fromDate
      thruDate

And replace them with:

fromRole
toRole

Then we will eliminate this confusion. We would still of course use
PartyRelationship, and not depricate it. In the business login and
security, we will need to check both PartyRole and PartyRelationship
depending on what the service is doing.

For searching, and party lookups, I completely agree with you. We can
still sort them and search role type to obtain a PartyRelationship.

Thank you.