Hi Everyone

As Pierre mentioned the dates for Apachecon NA 2015 have been announced and
they are now calling for conference presentations (CFP) from all Apache
projects.

As we filled a full track in Budapest last week, we may be given the
opportunity to fill a complete track in Apachecon NA too.

One key thing for filling a track is that we try to fully represent our
project. This means that we try to get presentations covering a range of
topics.

Off the top of my head – I'm thinking some topic categories could be
something like:

 -*Introduction* (e.g. to ofbiz in general or a specific application, the
framework and services)
 -*Business* (e.g. how OFBiz is being used and which industries, etc)
 -*Technical* (e.g. Tools, Extentions, Configuration)
 -*Development* (e.g. getting started, building a new application,
modifiying an existing one,)
 -*Case Study/User Story* (e.g. implementation story, challenges and
successes etc)
 -*Panel Discussion* (e.g. Open source ERP vs Commercial etc)
 -*Tutorial* (Remember that Tutorials tend to cost extra!)

What do people think? Are there any other categories or topics that the
community or people wanting to attend Apachecon NA would like to see
included in an OFBiz track?

Also if you have already submitted an OFBiz presentation for Apachecon NA
then please let me know either via this thread or by filling in the details
on the Wiki Page that Pierre has created. It just means that we can keep
track of the type of presentation it will be as I want to make sure that we
can cover all our topics and categories.

Thanks
Sharan

Pierre Smits wrote
> Hi All,
>
> The OFBiz track at the Apachecon EU 2014 event in Budapest was, and I
> believe the other participants and attendees will agree, a success. Next
> year there will be a new opportunity to spread the word, meet
> contributors,
> investigate new ideas and discus issues in a softer setting than via the
> mailing lists. It is a also a great place to showcase what you have done
> with OFBiz.
>
> So, we have another opportunity to fill a track (a consecutive series of
> talks) about OFBiz. In order to promote and to investigate willingness to
> present I have created the following wiki page for contributors to list
> the
> talk they could/would do:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+track+@+Apachecon+US+2015+in+Texas,+Austin+-++April+13-17,+2015
>
> Regards,
>

> Pierre Smits
>
> *ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
> Services & Solutions for Cloud-
> Based Manufacturing, Professional
> Services and Retail & Trade
> http://www.orrtiz.com
>
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 7:41 AM, Sharan-F <

> sharan.foga@

> > wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> We've been having a busy week at Apachecon in Budapest and I'm sure that
>> the
>> people that attended will be posting their updates about it soon.
>>
>> I just wanted to let the community mailing list know that I think the
>> OFBiz
>> track was a success (our biggest session was Anahita's where 27 people
>> came
>> along!)
>>
>> As well as running our own track, meeting each other for the first time,
>> attending some other sessions, we found some time to hold a round table
>> session to talk about some project related topics. I will be summarising
>> our
>> discussions and post these here - I think we have some great potential
>> proposals that we'd like to consult the community about.
>>
>> More news coming soon!
>>
>> Thanks
>> Sharan
>>

>> --