Thanks Simon,

Done at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+User+Stories

Jacques

Le 21/01/2015 17:40, Simon Maskell a écrit :
Hi Jacques

Yes am happy for the story to be added

Cheers

Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacques Le Roux [mailto:jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com]
Sent: 21 January 2015 16:34
To: Simon Maskell
Subject: Re: Ofbiz Testimonial

Hi Simon,

If you agree I could put/adapt your story at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+User+Stories

What do you think?

Cheers

Jacques

Le 13/11/2014 15:58, simon maskell a écrit :
Hi everyone, I don’t often post on the mailing list but I was speaking
to one of the committers at the weekend and they thought it would be
good to share our Ofbiz development with the community, with a view to
getting more non-ecommerce users using Ofbiz.

We have been working with Ofbiz for 2.5 years and plan to rollout
Ofbiz to 5 companies across 8 countries and a total of 1800 user.

So far we have completed 1 company which comprises of
•       Telecentre System and lead management
•       Sales Orders
•       Invoicing
•       Product configurators
•       CRM
•       Human Resource
•       Purchase Orders
•       Stock Management
•       Hand Held

All of the above applications have taken the Ofbiz components as a
starting point and then we have extended and added our own
customisations(some quite
heavily) to get Ofbiz working how we want it to.
Going forward we are looking to introduce

•       Service Management, this will allow us to make planned warranty visits
and
breakdowns. We have a network of 11 branches around the UK and 250
service engineers out on the road.
•       MRP – We manufacture in 2 different countries
•       Installation Scheduling – We install our products and need a way to
optimise our installations team.
•       We are also continuing to make changes to the current live Ofbiz
components, as we remove more of our legacy systems.

Most of the above will be introduced into the remaining 4 companies
and we feel confident that each company/country will be quicker than
the previous as our code base builds up.

My view on Ofbiz is that it’s a great product once you have taken time
to really understand it and its probably this that is the biggest
barrier for companies taking it up. When we first started looking at
Ofbiz almost everyone outside of IT was against it, we had to do
numerous presentation and explanation as to why we should go with
Ofbiz as opposed to going with a product like SAP.  Now we have got it
working for one company and people can see the benefits,  we are now
being asked to delivery it into the business faster(Now our
presentations are setting expectation on when it will be
delivered)

Anyone wanting to introduce Ofbiz, should be prepared for the
difficulties at the beginning of the project but I am sure by the end
of the project they will be more than please they chose Ofbiz.

Just like to thank all the committers and contributors who have worked
on producing a great product.

This email is intended only for the above addressee. It may contain privileged
information. If you are not the addressee you must not copy, distribute,
disclose or use any of the information in it. If you have received it in error,
please delete it and notify the sender.

Stannah Lift Holdings Ltd registered No. 686996, Stannah Management Services
Ltd registered No. 2483693, Stannah Lift Services Ltd registered No. 1189799,
Stannah Microlifts Ltd registered No. 964804, Stannah Lifts Ltd registered No.
1189836, Stannah Stairlifts Ltd registered No. 1401451.

All registered offices at Watt Close, East Portway, Andover, Hampshire, SP10
3SD, England.

All Registered in England and Wales.