Great information, thanks.  I always thought Jackrabbit to be a JCR kind
of thing, didn't know it was a more generic DB kind of thing (mind you
content repositories can be persisted using databases so maybe
Jackrabbit is a "special use" kind of DB that offers the name-value
pairs of a NoSQL-ish setup).

I don't think the Chemistry project is for creating from scratch a
CMIS-ready system as much as it's for enabling messaging-level
interoperability between existing CMSs from various vendors (at least
between those which bother to integrate CMIS-compliant interfaces).  I
think I'll join its ml for a while to learn more about the kinds of
explosive compounds an amateur like me can create with such chemistry sets.

Either way, I'm not skilled enough to help develop an OFBiz integration
with Jackrabbit or CMIS.  So I'll do the typical cop-out thing: thank
contributors past & present for their efforts and hope that a day comes
when part of OFBiz's marketing includes blah-blah about users being able
to plug in any JCR-compliant or CMIS-compliant content repository of
their choosing.  Project gurus might even think about thinking about the
whole pay-to-stream market, cater to all those aspiring web site
retailers of both live streaming and VOD (no I'm not one nor do I work
for one).

Are OFBiz entities among the things that get stored within the embedded
CMS?  Is there anything OOTB that gets stored in some database which is
separate and distinct from the database for storing CMS-specific stuff?
 I would appreciate a wiki URL or similar resource for learning more
about these related topics (OFBiz persistence mechanisms and CMS whatnot).