Thanks Sharan,

Great summary, this help us to better understand what happened.

Very good news for the project... and its community!

Jacques

Le 04/10/2015 16:00, Sharan-F a écrit :
Hi All

I’m still recovering (not in the hangover sense!) from the great time I had
in Budapest with everyone. It was really good to be there and meet, chat and
generally hang out. There were a few surprises for me including seeing OFBiz
Committer Gavin Mabie there all the way from South Africa! It also was good
to see Rupert Howell and also Simon from Stannah.

This year all presentations in the OFBiz track were done by people whose
first language was not English and once again I was very, very impressed!

I think that we have a few jokers in our community  – for example someone
took a picture of Julien during his UX Design presentation when the slide
was blank! (BTW if you haven’t seen the OFBiz photos from Apachecon then
please take a look at the Twitter feed.)

Our presentation attendance numbers were good :  Jacopo (17), Hans (14),
Youssef (17), Gil (16), Nathan (20) and Julien (15).  My talk got 12 but
mainly thanks to the OFBiz guys!

All the talks were very good and I especially liked Youssef’s demo of the
Asterisk PBX integration for OFBiz where it even recorded the phone
conversation!

On Friday morning we ran an informal OFBiz group discussion to talk about
any points that people saw as important. These could then be raised on the
mailing lists for further discussions within the community.  I think that
some really good ideas and suggestions came up and I’ll write up the notes
that I made and add them to the wiki.

As well as discussions, networking and teambuilding happening between the
OFBiz group, we also did some networking with other Apache projects – for
example Jacopo met up with the main Freemarker Committer who lives in
Budapest. One of the outcomes was that he mentioned that the Freemarker
community would be happy to get input from the OFBiz community for potential
features or improvements for Freemarker.

Once again a big thank you to everyone who took part, presented or helped in
anyway. I hope you all enjoyed the experience - I know that I did. Let’s do
it again next year!

Thanks
Sharan