Hi All

I thought it would be good to give a brief update of my experience at FOSDEM
over the weekend.

It was really interesting to be there and I've never seen so many developers
and techie people in one placeĀ ! On Saturday the statistics said that there
were over 4400 people connected to the FOSDEM wifi (and believe me not
everyone who was there was connected!).

I arrived on Friday afternoon and met up with Eric and Pierre at the
beerfest. We had a good chat over a few beers before the hoards arrived. On
Saturday we met up with Gil, Leila and Florient from Nereide. It's always
good to meet people from our community face to face.

I spent most of Saturday at the ASF booth, generally talking to people :-)
There is a lot of interest in big data and so I think OFBiz as project at
FOSDEM may not be geeky enough unless we perhaps look at trying to market
the framework.

That said, I think FOSDEM could still be good as a place for the OFBiz
community to meetup and collaborate. This year there were a range of
'Developer Rooms' available for people to get together and code / fix bugs
etc. I think the ASF group were talking about trying to get a developer room
for next year and if so then we could plan to meetup there and do some work
together.

Also a  few other projects had project stickers, flyers and t-shirts so
maybe we could get some marketing material done, if not for this then
definitely for Apachecon.

In general I think it's a great open source conference and you have the
ability to talk to a range of people over a lot of different technologies. I
think all the main sessions have been recorded so should be available
online. It's amazing that this is a free event and I think the ASF are
planning to have a stronger presence there in the future.

Thanks
Sharan