      From: Rob Montalvo <robmonta...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
 To: "user@ofbiz.apache.org" <user@ofbiz.apache.org>
 Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2016 11:43 AM
 Subject: eCommerce app related (UI) question

Dear gurus,
I recently discovered OFBiz and all I can say is WOW!I am excited about the
possibility to make a contribution to this great effort.
At this time, however, I have much to learn and it will be several weeks before
I can jump on board and attempt to give something back in return.
>From an outsider point of view, there is a lot of documentation available,
>some of which is very helpful.
I want to make some "very minor" (at least in my mind) modifications to the
eCommerce UI, but I have not been able to find any pointers on how to do what I
want to do.
Specifically, I want to:
1. change the background color on the (eCommerce) web app,2. use a .png file as
background at the top (banner?) of the landing page, and3. remove some of the
elements (widgets?) which I consider to be non-essential and (potentially)
distracting for certain audiences (like the catalog selection, the polls, and
others).
Regarding the first two points above, I have come across some documentation
that mentions .CSS files, but I have not found enough to take a stab at
this.With respect to the third point, I am guessing that I would have to modify
a configuration file of some sort...  not sure which, though.
That said, is it possible to accomplish what I want to do in OFBiz?
If so, can anyone please refer me to any documentation that I could consult to
try to achieve what I set out to do?If such documentation does not exist, can
anyone please point me to the files/code I would have to modify to obtain the
desired outcome?
Thank you very much in advance!
Respectfully,Rob