My congratulations to you Sharan and Jacques, you deserve it!

Regards,

Michael

Am 30.03.16 um 10:14 schrieb Sharan-F:
Hi All

Some great news. Two people from our Community (Jacques Le Roux and myself)
have become Apache Software Foundation members. Membership is by invitation
only so it's a real honour to be invited.

For those who are not familiar with what an ASF member is – I've copied the
current definition from the ASF site below.

β€œAn ASF member is a person who was nominated by current members and elected
due to merit for the evolution and progress of the foundation. Members care
for the ASF itself. This is usually demonstrated through the roots of
project-related and cross-project activities. Legally, a member is a
"shareholder" of the foundation, one of the owners. They have the right to
elect the board, to stand as a candidate for the board election and to
propose a committer for membership. They also have the right to propose a
new project for incubation. The members coordinate their activities through
their mailing list and through their annual meeting. β€œ

So my congratulations goes out to Jacques (Felicitations!) :-)

Thanks
Sharan