Hi Eric,

Please refer entityengine.xml file, in the datasource  section we have two
option:

check-on-start="true"
add-missing-on-start="true"

Please make sure in your entityengie.xml file thee are set to true,
this will automatically add new table and fields in table.

Please note that

- This only add new table and field,

- If you made changes in composite primary key then you need to
manually alter table form database.

For more reference please refer following document:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/1IDfAg

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit