Dear team,
Thanks for initiative, new theme looks really cool :)

I just remembered discussion on our dev list related to showing
the "Tweets" and "News" on the main section of site.

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/Zl09xzufsyn72x7 is the link to that
discussion, IMO, it could be good idea to show the Tweets section on the
right hand side panel to give it more visibility.

- Best Regards
Swapnil M Mane
HotWax Systems
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/