Ha and forgot the main point related with this thread. This will allow us to merge the 2 marketing pages into Material+for+Branding+and+Marketing and drop the General+Material+for+Branding+and+Marketing with all its attachments then.

I believe it will also be easier to handle only 1 space, notably to use the machete in it. We have of course though to merge things before, should not be too hard, cases like above are rare.

Agreed?

Sharan,

Sorry to seem again out of subject, but you will see where I'm going to.

The question we should ask ourselves, is when content/attachments in a page
should be only accessible to the PMC.

For content we have not problems. Only contributors are able to modify pages contents. Anyway this is not a problem because we (I at least) monitor all changes in the wiki and if I see a change which should not happen we (I) can still restore a correct version from history. As an admin I can even restore a deleted page from the space trash. To be safe, admins should always agree about deleting a page from the space trash, for instance to vacuum when necessary. I noticed both these actions are extremely rare.

So far contributors are also able to add and delete news, comments and attachments. We don't use news in the wiki, one issue less. Because it's hard to retrieve comments and attachments, even as an admin (we need to ask infra to look into an ASF wide backup), I suggest we remove the possibility for contributors to delete news, comments and attachments. Then we are safe from all changes and we no longer need a distinction between open and closed wiki :) If nobody disagree I'd do that in few days.

BTW while at it I noticed Amit Gadaley had no rights, I gave him the needed.

Jacques