Hello James,

Yes, multiple companies can be setup in OFBiz and independent company
management (accounting, ordering, warehousing, procuring, etc) is
achievable. Please seem my comments inline.

Thanks & Regards
Mridul Pathak
Hotwax Systems
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com <http://www.hotwaxmedia.com>

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 4:28 AM, <ja...@productive1.com> wrote:

> Hi all I am new to this group so hopefully I am posting in the correct
> areas.  We would like to set up OfBiz with Multiple Companies that all
> roll up into a Parent Company.  We are looking for the following:
>
> Separate Vendors (CRM tied to a separate company)
> Separate Customers (CRM tied to a seperate company
> Sales Associates can be tied to multiple companies

All of the above can be configured using PartyRelationship.

> Each company can fulfill from each others warehouse (intercompany
> transaction)

    Should be able to invoice each other

You should be able to maintain inter company customer/supplier
relationships and raise SOs and POs.

> Warehouses should be tied to a company
> Stores should be tied to a company
> Financials Should be tied to a company
> Purchases Should be tied to a company
> Each company could have separate currency
> Each company could have separate language

With correct setup specific to each company above items could be achieved
easily. Following are few entities involved in configuration.
1) Party (Company in internal organization role)
2) PartyAcctgPreferences (Specific to each company)
3) GL setup specific to each company
4) ProductStore setup tied to the specific company
5) Facility (Warehouse) setup for each company. A company could be setup as
warehouse owner.

> We can use external reporting to handle the Intercompany consolidation

That should be a good approach.

> My question is does Ofbiz handle this OTB?  If so what are the key areas
> we need to configure for this to handle properly.

In essence it all depends on data modeling. If standard approach with
proper understanding of OFBiz data model and API is followed then pretty
much all the OOTB workflows should execute as expected.