Hi Everyone

I just realised that today we is the start of the new format for our OFBiz
Community Days. Instead of having only one Community Day per quarter, we are
having a sequence of 5 days that form the Community Days. This extends the time
frame and hopefully gives people more flexibliity to contribute. So this month
our Community Days will run from today 17th – 21st February.

If you are new to the concept of Community Days then please take a look at the
following wiki page

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Community+Days

Anyone can participate (and we would like to encourage as many people as
possible to do so :-)

If there is an OFBiz task or particular area that you would like to work on
then please see if you can set aside some time over the next few days to do it.
(Even an hour will help!)

Remember that you do not have to work on it alone, our Community Days are also
a chance to collaborate with others in the community.

Our Community Days are not only coding related, we would also like to do some
tidy up of our wiki and our project documentation.

As usual, please see below for some potential ideas for you to think about and
possible work on over the next few days.

* Framework Re-factoring*
You are probably aware of the changes happening in the codebase. Help us tidy
up our existing code.Have you seen something that you could improve? (Don't
forget to take a look at Jira as someone may have already found the issue).

*Testing, Review and Committing Patches*
Testing and applying of patches is always an important area. Many contributors
from the community have  provided patches for bugs and improvements but before
committing them we need to test to them.

Patches can become out of date very quickly meaning that if they are not tested
early enough then they can miss out on being included. We have a large number
of patches available so this could be a good opportunity for test, review and
commit.

*Documentation*
We know that our current documentation could be a whole lot better so any
contribution that helps us improve it is welcome.

*Jira Sprint*
 I have just created a Jira sprint (2017 – February OFBIz Com Days) so please
add any Jira tasks you are working on, to it. This Jira Sprint helps us track
and report on the work done during the Community Days so please try to make
sure your work is included.

*HipChat Room*
If you haven't already taken a look, the our OFBiz HipChat room is available
all the time but can be especially useful when collaborating during our
Community Days event.  Please join our room using the link below:

https://www.hipchat.com/g4vOayvmc

So let's see if we can do some work to improve OFBiz, have fun and enjoy
working together.

Thanks
Sharan