Hi,

I had been using this as reference:
https://blogs.oracle.com/robertlor/entry/ofbiz_and_postgresql

Your check made me realize the db was name "ofbizdb" and not "ofbiz". Once that
was fixed it worked. I still need to see if I can make it work for a simple
store cash register function (with later addition of online sales), but
permission issues seem to be gone.

Incidentally, the sample data "initialsetup" page lists several fields for the
Party Id "Company", and although groups are explained, can someone tell me the
difference and meaning for "Group Name Local" and "Office Site Name" versus
just "Group Name"? My setup is for a single store with no external warehouse
and no other offices, I'm unsure of what the intent was with those fields.

Thanks!

----- Original Message -----From: Mike <mz4whee...@gmail.com>To: user
<user@ofbiz.apache.org>Sent: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 04:28:34 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re:
Current PostgreSQL Instructions

You should be able to, as the user running ofbiz, type the following. TheIP
must match what is in the file: entityengine.xml

psql -h IP_OF_DB_HOST -U ofbiz -d ofbiz[ENTER PASSWORD] ("ofbiz")

If the above doesn't work, then you may need to tweak the postgresfile:
pg_hba.conf, and perform a postgresql "reload" (or restart): Examples:

host all all 0.0.0.0/0 md5host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5local all all peer

Depend on that you have locally setup. For your entityengine.xml, use

<group-map group-name="org.ofbiz" datasource-name="localpostnew"/>

[localpostnew is superior]

Under the localpostnew section, make sure you have:

<inline-jdbc jdbc-driver="org.postgresql.Driver"
jdbc-uri="jdbc:postgresql://IP_OF_DB_HOST/ofbiz" jdbc-username="ofbiz"
jdbc-password="ofbiz"

Also, to have ofbiz re-init the database, it first has to exist:

postgres> CREATE DATABASE ofbiz;

Remember, use the "psql" command above to test whether ofbiz can properlylogin
as he user "dan". A better test:

dan> psql -h IP_OF_DB_HOST -U ofbiz -d ofbiz -c "CREATE DATABASE ofbiz;"[ENTER
PASSWORD] ("ofbiz")

Good luck