> Software documentation is always written for a target version of a
software
> product and most of the users understand and accept that some of the
> information in an older book may not be applicable to newer versions of
the
> software.

That is not the point.  Far as I can tell, there is no reason why you
couldn't keep a "functioning" hot-deploy directory and still encourage
folks to migrate to plugins.  Still, there are a lot of people and
companies that are NOT running the bleeding edge version of ofbiz, and have
no immediate plans to migrate and convert.  They have employees and
training systems, which obviously use and refer to previously written books
and wikis.

This is my point.  Do no harm.  Keep things backward compatible as much as
possible.  There are more users than dev folks.