Hi Giulio

(I'm still having intermittent issues responding to this mailing list! So am
sending this response again)

I'm glad that my book was helpful!

So yes you can allocate a specific routing task to a party (so this could be an
external contractor). If you simply want to send them the wood and then book it
into stock when it comes back (or give them access to the system to book it in
when they are finished), that works.

It also depends on how you want to track the costs of their work. Do you want
to track their work costs as part of the production process ? (so you can
estimate what their bill will be?) or do you trust them to bill you correctly
for the work they do?

If you want to track the potential costs as part of the production run then you
could look at setting up some costing that is based on the time spent for the
routing (e.g. rate per minute or hour etc). As part of completing their work,
they would need to record how much time they spent working on it.

You could then use the estimated cost to cross check against the actual invoice
sent by the subcontractor.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Sharan