Thanks Taher, for the extended reply.

currently I have tried the most simple one:
java -jar build/libs/ofbiz.jar

this works outside the docker image, however within the running container it gives the error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/cli/ParseException
        at org.apache.ofbiz.base.start.Start.main(Start.java:60)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.cli.ParseException
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
        ... 1 more

perhaps you have a suggestion for me?

thanks again for your help.
Regards,