You are right. I'm asking a lot but would you be so kind to tell me below:

I want to use ofbiz as an online eCommerce store at least for the now but UI
seems very old can't fit in today's time.

So,
I would be having many changing in business logic in backend/frontend and I
don't want to change the existing logic rather I want to build a top layer
which will include my new UI and custom backend code. So if any new release
comes then it would be very easy to upgrade my system. Is that possible. We do
the same thing in Oracle Commerce but I can't afford it :)