Hi James

As mentioned I think the Cost Component Calculation is what you need and yes it
can be setup via the UI in quite a few places:

Manufacturing
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/manufacturing/control/EditCostCalcs

Accounting
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/accounting/control/EditCostCalcs

Catalog
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/EditProductCosts?productId=WG-1111

You can specify the fixed and variable parts of the calculation. If you need
something a bit more specific then you can code a calculation and then link
that coded calculation into the Cost Component Calculation. (See GEN_COST_CALC
as an example using a mixture for fixed and bespoke calculation).

You can add costs such as labour at various places (eg Routing Task) need to be
linked to a Cost Component Calculation rather than just a rate. You can also
add a labour cost to the actual product itself in Catalog manager

https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/EditProductCosts

and then use the button at the bottom of the screen to auto calculate an
estimate of it.

So in general yes, you can setup and estimate the production costs including
labour etc but I think there might be something missing. I haven’t tested
intensely in manufacturing but even when I had setup additional costs,  so far
I have never been able to get anything other than the actual material costs to
come on a production run. (I'm talking about the Actual Costs tab linked to an
individual production run).

This could be missing setup or just that the tests I’ve done so far are not
comprehensive enough.

Thanks
Sharan