Plese see comments inline

I should also mention some steps are wrong or weird:
> - why install the apache httpd server "apache2"?
> My reply: I understand that Ofbiz requires Apache to run

If you want to run ofbiz locally then you don't need to install apache2. If
you are planning to deploy it on production then you need to setup apache2
or any other webserver.

> - why "sudo" gradlew?
> My reply: In page http://ofbiz.apache.org/business-users.html i tried
> ./gradlew loadDefault ofbiz but it did not work, used sudo ./gradlew ofbiz
> instead and it began installing.

This is due to permission issue, I think you need to assign executable
permission to gradlew.

> - what is this download link? Where did you get it from?
> My reply: i was referred to http://apache.saix.net/ofbiz/
> apache-ofbiz-16.11.04.zip in the ofbiz.apache.org website to download v
> 16.11.04
> - where is the data preparation step?
> My Reply: what data preparation step?? I was only informed about
> installing JDK then in the page http://ofbiz.apache.org/
> business-users.html i was given few steps to build it after downloading
> and extracting.

When you run ./gradlew loadDefault  ofbiz load the data into database,
First it download the dependencies, build the application and then load
data .

> Sorry for asking but where exactly do i get the readme.md file? i have
> been looking for a link to it. Do i go to user documentation?

It will be on ofbiz root folder. Your can find it in svn as well.
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/branches/release16.11/README.md.html