James,
You may need to look around ShipmentReceipt entity and related stuff, here
you can allow to accept quantity different from what ordered. But in case
it is not allowing to accept more than what order then you need to add
logic to allow it.

But if requirement is to pay what is received against order then order
needs to be change or may be need to place one more order. Which is not
OOTB available as per my memory.

HTH!

Best Regards,
--