Hi Robert,

I think you need to set auth to false for your request in controller.xml
file

    <request-map uri="autoLogout">
        <security https="true" auth="false"/>
        <event type="java"
path="org.apache.ofbiz.webapp.control.LoginWorker"
invoke="autoLoginRemove"/>
        <response name="success" type="request-redirect-noparam"
value="main"/>
        <response name="error" type="view" value="main"/>
    </request-map>

HTH

Thanks and regards
Aditya Sharma