Thanks, Jacques.

As an addition: the Oracle JDK 8 is out of free support (no security fixes or else without paid subscription). To get free bug/security fixes you'll have to switch to the next JDK version about every 6 months which is not practicable in a serious production environment.

The Adopt OpenJDK Long Term Support (LTS) releases are maintained much longer without any fee. See https://adoptopenjdk.net/support.html for the release roadmap.

This gives us enough time tp prepare for the next LTS version and users are not forced to switch without enough testing time.

We are using the Adopt OpenJDK releases in our customer/internal production systems for quite a while now and haven't had any problems so far.

Regarding the install: you do not have to uninstall other Java installations to make OFBiz work on your machine. Just unpack the JDK in your preferred folder and point the JAVA_HOME environment variable to this folder. I recommend doing this in the start/stop scripts to avoid problems with other applications relying on the JAVA_HOME from the global Windows environment variables.

Best regards,

Michael Brohl

ecomify GmbH - www.ecomify.de