Hi Sakthivel,

As I think you found out, there is nothing completely ready OOTB forVariant
Tree Generation

But here are some clues if you did not look at that yet:

https://ofbiz.markmail.org/search/?q=%22Variant+Tree+Generation%22

HTH

Jacques

Le 04/09/2020 à 18:39, Sakthivel Vellingiri a écrit :
  Hope all is well. I have a question regarding Virtual / Variant products >
Variant Tree Generation and wondering if someone can provide some insights,
I understand the concept of Virtual and Variant products and I see that
Ofbiz supports two Virtual Variant Methods namely Feature Tree Generation &
Variant Tree Generation.
Feature Tree Generation
---------------------------------
I am also familiar with how the Feature Tree Generation works, i.e. you
will have to set the base product as Virtual and based on the number of
Features you set in the Virtual Product you get an option to generate
corresponding Variant products. all is good so far.

Variant Tree Generation
--------------------------------
I tried browsing the documentation and could not find anything that
specifically covers this aspect, based on what i read from the code, it
appears that there is no systematic way to generate variants for *Variant
Tree Generation method*, and variants need to be manually created and
associated with the virtual, Also the demo data includes a virtual product
using Variant Tree Generation and includes the data setup for Virtual,
Variant, Virtual > Variant Association leading me to think Variant Tree
Generation does not have a systematic way to creating variants like Feature
Tree Generation, pls can someone confirm my understanding. Appreciate any
insights.

<Product productId="WG-9943" productTypeId="FINISHED_GOOD"
primaryProductCategoryId="202" productName="Giant Widget with variant
explosion" internalName="Giant Widget variant explosion"
virtualVariantMethodEnum="VV_VARIANTTREE" description="Giant Widget with
Wheels" longDescription="This giant widget is mobile. It will seat one
person safely. The wheels will never rust or break. Quite a unique item."
quantityIncluded="10.0" productWeight="22.0" isVirtual="Y" isVariant="N"/>
     <Product productId="WG-9943-B3" productTypeId="FINISHED_GOOD"
primaryProductCategoryId="202" productName="Giant Widget B3"
internalName="Giant Widget B3" description="Black Giant Widget with 3
Wheels" longDescription="This giant widget is mobile. It will seat one
person safely. The wheels will never rust or break. Quite a unique item."
quantityIncluded="10.0" productWeight="22.0" isVirtual="N" isVariant="Y"/>
     <Product productId="WG-9943-B4" productTypeId="FINISHED_GOOD"
primaryProductCategoryId="202" productName="Giant Widget B4"
internalName="Giant Widget B4" description="Black Giant Widget with 4
Wheels" longDescription="This giant widget is mobile. It will seat one
person safely. The wheels will never rust or break. Quite a unique item."
quantityIncluded="10.0" productWeight="22.0" isVirtual="N" isVariant="Y"/>
     <Product productId="WG-9943-S3" productTypeId="FINISHED_GOOD"
primaryProductCategoryId="202" productName="Giant Widget S3"
internalName="Giant Widget S3" description="Silver Giant Widget with 3
Wheels" longDescription="This giant widget is mobile. It will seat one
person safely. The wheels will never rust or break. Quite a unique item."
quantityIncluded="10.0" productWeight="22.0" isVirtual="N" isVariant="Y"/>
     <Product productId="WG-9943-S4" productTypeId="FINISHED_GOOD"
primaryProductCategoryId="202" productName="Giant Widget S4"
internalName="Giant Widget S4" description="Silver Giant Widget with 4