I am customising the main decorator for ecommerce and  have a Header.ftl which
includes dropdown menus and I am working on a dropdown menu for categories.

What I have tried so far:
For the categories menu  I have included  ProductCategories.groovy as an action
in the main-decorator (as used in the categories in the left panel of the main
div) which I believe should provide a hash: “productCategoryID” which I can use
in the Header.ftl.

Can you please confirm that is correct.

>From reading the ftl documentation I think I have to  use an ftl
>object-wrapper  but without an example I do not understand how to code that.

I have used <#list productCategoryId?keys as root> which is just a guess but it
does produce a very nice menu with dropdown containing fifteen
“productCategory” entries that’s “productCategory”  15 times  so at least I
know something is happening.

I would also like to understand what and how I can display from the hash.
Current test coding is below:

Any pointers/help with this menu would be a very much appreciated learning
experience for me.

Regards
Mike Butler
Freelance Consultant

<#--Some sort of object wrapping please help -->

<ul class="dropdown-menu">
  <#if (productCategoryId?has_content)>
    <#list productCategoryId?keys as root>   ------- What would be the correct
syntax?
      <li class="nav-item">
        <a class="nav-link" href="<@ofbizUrl>productCategoryId</@ofbizUrl>">$
{uiLabelMap.productCategory}</a>
       </li>
    </#list>
  <#else>
    <li class="nav-item">
      <a class="nav-link" href="#">${uiLabelMap.Category}</a>
    </li>
    <li class="nav-item">
      <a class="nav-link" href="#">${uiLabelMap.Product}</a>
    </li>
  </#if>
</ul>