Hi,

in addition to the other recommendations, I strongly recommend to have a look at the OFBiz data model book which shows the data model in-depth.

See https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Data+Model+Diagrams

There you will see that the products are mapped to the ProductCategory through the ProductCategoryMember entity. The category structure is build by the productCategoryRollup entities and the top-most category is mapped to the ProdCatalog through ProdCatalogCategory and finally the ProdCatalog ist mapped to the productStore through ProductStoreCatalog.

While you can reuse categories with different roll-ups, you cannot have the SAME category containing other products when used with another ProductStore.

You surely can build up a SIMILAR category structure twice and map this to the catalog/store to achieve your goal.

Best regards,

Michael Brohl

ecomify GmbH - www.ecomify.de