Hi Jean-Nicolas,

As far as I know we don't have that functionality on OFBiz.

Although not the solution you were looking for, you might find the
jdbc-password-lookup attribute of the inline-jdbc element useful.

Assuming you had something like:
<inline-jdbc jdbc-password-lookup="my-password" ... />

When retrieving the password for the database connection, ofbiz will lookup
the property value for key 'jdbc-password.my-password' in the
password.properties file.

You might be able to create a wrapper script that populates
password.properties before launching ofbiz.

If you still need the ability to lookup environment variables, please raise
a feature request in Jira - https://issues.apache.org/jira. [DevNote: We
could read strings from specific XML files into FlexibleStringExpanders.
FlexibleStringExpanders populated with groovy expressions could be used to
read from the environment]

Dan.

--
Daniel Watford