Hello Sumesh,

Please refer
OFBIZ_HOME/applications/product/src/main/java/org/apache/ofbiz/product/spreadsheetimport/ImportProductServices.java
file.
Please read the code present inside service: productImportFromSpreadsheet

Please refer my comments inline:

--
Kind Regards,
Ashish Vijaywargiya

On Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 12:36 PM Sumesh R Acharya <7.sumesh...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello community,
>
> I seen there is a productimportfromspreadsheet service in ofbiz which is
> used for import product entries from excel sheets in to the database.
>
> If I want to do same for some other table so will i need to create a new
> service for that ?? If yes how to achieve that.

Yes, you need to create other services.

> Or i can modify the above service ??

My recommendation for you is to create a custom component in OFBiz and
write your services in that component. Please refer following links:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Tutorial+-+A+Beginners+Development+Guide
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Tutorial+-+A+Beginners+Development+Guide+for+18.12(Assuming
that you are exploring the code base of this stable branch)

> One thing also i need to know how to read the date fields from the excel
> sheets and convert those values to date datatype as per  the database
> columns. Please do share some resources for doing this.

I have used the Apache POI project when I have implemented this feature in
the Apache OFBiz project. So I request you to read more details about
Apache POI from here:
https://poi.apache.org