Hey Bill,

Take a look at the demo content and see how the Gift Cards are setup - they have a product survey that captures the user's response to questions.

https://demo-stable.ofbiz.apache.org/ecommerce/gift-card-activation-c50-GC-001-C50-p

Hope that helps,

Jason

On 13/07/2023 14:58, Bill Harder wrote:
Happy Thursday...

I am looking for a way where a user can enter custom text on an order line
item.

A user orders a toolbag and wants to have his name embroidered on it in Red
thread.  It's fairly easy to set up a configurable item with a thread color
selection but where would be a good place to start for a name entry of 10
letters.

The only discussion I have been able to find is from back in 2016 on
MarkMail.
https://ofbiz.markmail.org/search/?q=user-provided+data#query:user-provided%20data+page:1+mid:qj53fjm3s5qydvmh+state:results

Any pointers are most appreciated.  Thanks.

Bill