Hello Emad,

the lastInventoryCount field in the ProductFacility entity stores the last
stock availability of a product for a facility, that is the Available To
Promise (ATP) total among all inventory items of a product in a facility,
so it's correct that the lastInventoryCount field is updated each time an
order is created (if product store is configured to reserve inventory of
course).

If you check the field description in the product-entitymodel.xml
(applications/datamodel/entitydef) file you can see clearly the goal of
that field.

When the item is physically shipped the value that changes is the Quantity
On Hand (QOH) field of an InventoryItem.
The difference between the two fields is that ATP (Available To Promise) is
the quantity I still have available for other orders to come for a specific
product, while Quantity On Hand (QOH) contains both items already
reserved for some orders and items still available for new orders.

In short:
ATP = QOH - order reservations already made for an item
QOH = the items I physically have on the shelf of the warehouse including
both items still available and items already reserved

Hope it helps.
Giulio

--
Giulio Speri