Can you drop the database and run the install step again?

From: Uwe Kremmin [mailto:uwe.krem...@vnmonline.de]
Sent: 20 February 2013 08:52
To: user@openmeetings.apache.org
Subject: re: RE: Error Missing 204 556 642

Thanks for your answers. I did what you recommended:

mysql> show variables like "character_set_database";
+------------------------+-------+
| Variable_name          | Value |
+------------------------+-------+
| character_set_database | utf8  |
+------------------------+-------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> SHOW CREATE DATABASE openmeetings;
+--------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+

+--------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+
| openmeetings | CREATE DATABASE `openmeetings` /*!40100 DEFAULT CHARACTER SET
utf8 */ |
+--------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

I have utf8  (as far as I can tell), but it does not work.

What now?

uwe

Am Di, 19/02/2013 18:12, hat "Stephen Cottham"
<stephen.cott...@robertbird.com.au> geschrieben:

You can check the encoding by doing this

mysql –u root –p

Enter password

Then select the DB:

use openmeetings;

now check for the encoding:

show variables like "character_set_database";

will produce something like this

| Variable_name | Value |

| character_set_database | utf8 |

1 row in set (0.08 sec)