I wouldn't recommend it for production purposes. There it is best to have
separate setups for OpenMeetings, the RDBMS and the SIP server. But for
evaluation purposes an all-in-one box could suffice.

As the document states in the section below OEM-prelim-ScreenShot-product
the following line determines the location of the server:

Server = localhost

Changing that to the ip address (or fqdn) of the mysql server will make it
use the external rdbms.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*