According to
https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/blob/master/openmeetings-web/src/main/webapp/languages/languages.xml#L29
1 == english
8 == spanish
Can you double-check on your devel computers using following steps:
1) generate hash, set language to english
2) open link
3) generate hash, set language to spanish
4) open link open link
hashes usually one-time so it shouldn't work without regeneration on
different machines
or on same machine different browsers
or same browser with cleaned up cookies

HASH and language might be stored in the session
this why you need to regenerate hash and/or clean-up cookies