Well,

I would suggest to take original server.xml from M4
https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/blob/master/openmeetings-server/src/main/assembly/conf/server.xml#L76
And change nothing but <Certificate ...> tag
use this one
<Certificate certificateKeyFile="conf/your_key.pem"
                        certificateFile="conf/your_crt.pem"
                        certificateChainFile="conf/your_ca.pem"
                        type="RSA" />
with your own paths

no native libraries, conversions etc.
one easy step :))

Please ensure cert paths are readable by OM :))

Maxim