You are right we should not invest to much time and efforts here. It is
rather a negligibility. I just want to keep the manual as detailed as
possible. But there are many other more pressing things to solve. I will
create a new thread for that.
K.

Am Sa., 18. Apr. 2020 um 03:31 Uhr schrieb Maxim Solodovnik <
solomax...@gmail.com>:

> I can create example project for this (please ping me if i will be too
> silent)
>
> According to MD5 as password hash function: this is bad idea
>
> https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/52461/how-weak-is-md5-as-a-password-hashing-function
>
> On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 at 02:42, K. Kamhamea <kamha...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> OMG. I'm not experienced with Java. We are doing python mostly and
>> Javascript and rarely some C++ but never Java.
>>
>> I tried to compile your MD5implementation file
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/blob/5.0.0-M3/openmeetings-util/src/main/java/org/apache/openmeetings/util/crypt/MD5Implementation.java
>> but it failed because of missing dependencies. It probably requires the
>> whole source of the project being downloaded and properly installed.
>> So for the moment I decided I wouldn't spend my time to test all this I'm
>> just going to copy your detailed instruction into the Manual.
>>
>> The reason why I was so interested in this topic is because of
>> compatibility problems. I haven't found yet a python encryption library
>> that is compatible. By contrast, MD5 is a standard that is widely used.
>>
>> Thank you again so much for your help
>> K.
>>

>> Am Fr., 17. Apr. 2020 um 16:15 Uhr schrieb Maxim Solodovnik <
>> solomax...@gmail.com>:

>>> I doubt anyone ever try this :)

>>> This is basic JAVA question :)
>>> Java programs need to be compiled
>>> i.e. After you have created class (which MUST implement interface) you
>>> need to
>>> 1) compile this class
>>> 2) Pack into JAR file