Hi,

I would like to establish a Style Guide for OpenMeetings.

*Why is it important to have a Style Guide*
A Style guide helps to make consistent design decisions. A reference to
agree on before doing try-and-error discussions that can be costly and
frustrating. In the end it may not really matter if the colour of the alert
modal is red or orange. And it may not matter if the OK and Cancel button
is left and right. Or the opposite.

But what matters is that once you decide for one of those patterns you do
it consistently! Not come up with alternating patterns or have various
different versions of a UI/UX of similar functionality.

Further material and examples on what a typical Style Guide (and
StoryBooks) would contain and solve:

   - https://www.toptal.com/designers/ui/ui-styleguide-better-ux
   - http://styleguides.io/examples.html

*So I made a start here:*
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENMEETINGS/OpenMeetings+UI+and+UX+Style+Guide

*And I started with 2 topics:*

   - *Hiding vs Disabling of elements*:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENMEETINGS/OpenMeetings+UI+and+UX+Style+Guide#OpenMeetingsUIandUXStyleGuide-HidingvsDisablingelements
   - *Primary vs Secondary call to actions buttons: *

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENMEETINGS/OpenMeetings+UI+and+UX+Style+Guide#OpenMeetingsUIandUXStyleGuide-PrimaryvsSecondarycalltoactionsbuttons

<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENMEETINGS/OpenMeetings+UI+and+UX+Style+Guide#OpenMeetingsUIandUXStyleGuide-PrimaryvsSecondarycalltoactionsbuttons>

*Needs your Support*
If you could please add some feedback on those topics.
And also if you could help adding more topics where you feel like there is
some inconsistency that would be worth agreeing on.

I appreciate this could be a long process and seems tedious to discuss this
in such detail. But it will be much faster to discuss this in theory and
agree (or disagree) on a style guide than refactor things later.
As well as it will help to discover inconsistencies that make the
application hard to use.

Thanks,
Seb
--