If you take a look at this...
https://openmeetings.apache.org/

Near the bottom of the page you will notice one of the changes /
improvements... “Direct link for entering the room with room name (not ID)”

As a result... maybe... there are some field changes (additions) to the
database.

You previously mentioned: 2 rooms, 2 different servers, 2 different versions of
OM. I would keep everything the same... same version of OM.

I’ve tried to reproduce this on my set up... using one server, 2 users logged
into the same room (one using updated version of Chrome and the other using
updated Firefox),  one install of OM on server and everything works fine.

Sent from my iPhone