OK

1) go to
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.derby/derbytools/10.14.1.0
2) save JAR file to ${OM_HOME}
3) in Terminal write:
`cd ${OM_HOME}`
`java -cp "derbytools-10.14.1.0.jar:webapps/openmeetings/WEB-INF/lib/*"
org.apache.derby.tools.ij`

In the "ij >" prompt enter `connect 'jdbc:derby:openmeetings';`
then
`select id, login, password from OMDBUSER.OM_USER WHERE ID IN (select
user_id from OMDBUSER.OM_USER_RIGHT WHERE OM_RIGHT = 'Admin') AND deleted =
0;`

you will get login of admin user/users and hash of the password

I'll check how to change password later (day-time-job time)

please check if instructions above works for you

On Thu, 1 Oct 2020 at 15:15, Stefan Günther <smguent...@web.de> wrote:

> Hello Maxim,
>
> according to /opt/om/README it is Version 4.0.3
>
> /opt/om/webapps/openmeetings/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/persistence.xml

> <property name="openjpa.ConnectionDriverName"
> value="org.apache.commons.dbcp2.BasicDataSource"/>
> <property name="openjpa.ConnectionProperties"
> value="DriverClassName=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver,Url=jdbc:derby:openmeetings;create=true,
> create=true, MaxActive=100, MaxWait=10000,
> TestOnBorrow=true,Username=omdbuser,Password="/>
>

> Thanks for your help,
>
> Stefan
>
> *Gesendet:* Donnerstag, 01. Oktober 2020 um 09:45 Uhr
> *Von:* "Maxim Solodovnik" <solomax...@gmail.com>
> *An:* "Openmeetings user-list" <user@openmeetings.apache.org>
> *Betreff:* Re: Regaining admin access to an openmeetings installation
> Hello Stefan,
>
> What version of Om are you using?
>
> top level instructions
>
> 0) assuming OM is in ${OM_HOME}
> 1)
> check ${OM_HOME}/webapps/openmeetings/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/persistence.xml
> here you can get DB_TYPE, DB_URL, DB_USER, DB_PASS
>
> share DB type from above file with me to get next steps :))
>

> On Thu, 1 Oct 2020 at 14:42, Stefan Günther <smguent...@web.de> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> we have a new client who is already using openmeetings. The accounts of
>> the employees do not have admin rights and the guy, who setup OpenMeetings
>> did not send the credentials for the admin account and isn't reachable
>> anymore.
>>
>> We have access to the command line of the Ubuntu system and since there
>> is no mysql db for openmeeting we assume that it is a setup with Apache
>> Derby.
>>
>> How can we find out the name of the admin account and how can we reset
>> its password?
>>
>> Thanks for any help or suggestions,
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Stefan