Hello again,

this might have been some sort of a stupid question. I just looked under
administration / configuration and reduced the framerate (cam.fps) from 30 to
15. I can also reduce the other values. Furthermore I can edit the XML-file on
the server in order to provide a smaller default-webcam-window.

If there are no other tricks, I guess I already have answered the question
myself.

Best regards,
Alex