Dear list,

today my kurento-media-server crashed, because i had three guests + me in one room.

All of them tried tu use cam+mic.

sudo watch -n 10 systemctl status kurento-media-server

gave me a number of tasks which was close to the limit and i found the following in my logs:

(openmeetings.log)

ARN 12-16 10:18:16.279 o.a.o.c.r.KurentoHandler:139 [Thread-10] - Media Server is not accessible

(kurento-media-server)

 creating thread 'KmsLoop': Error creating thread: Resource temporarily unavailable

according to

https://doc-kurento.readthedocs.io/en/latest/user/troubleshooting.html

this is due to the limit of threads given.

I changed the line

#DefaultTasksMax=

DefaultTasksMax=600

in

/etc/systemd/system.conf

After

|systemctl daemon-reexec

I did a check with all my machines. Now the number of threads is well below the limit.

Wondering what is going to happen, if i add more than four users and if it is  a good thing to do, to increase the number of tasks systemwide .... ?

In the docs they mention a way to set the limit on a per user bases, but i didn't figure out how to do this ......

Greetings,

kafeesurrogat