On Wed, 16 Dec 2020 at 10:46, Ali Alhaidary <ali.alhaid...@the5stars.org>
wrote:

> No, that is not what we are doing or want to do :-)
>
> When you install the plugin, only one group is automatically created for
> all moodle users, that is what was defied in 'Module Key' default 'moodle',
> so all instances of OM in moodle will belong to that group and thus all OM
> users in moodle will join that one group.

I guess `instances of OM` == `OM activities`

> What is much more practical and logical is the automatic creation of group
> when creating an instance of OM, it could default to course name for
> example, and to do that my suggestion is 'Module Key' is moved from plugin
> configuration to instance configuration so that the users of that instance
> will be in that specific group.

group per `OM Moodle Activity` might be bigger mess
I guess one teacher can lead multiple classes, and files and recordings
should be shared based on org structure of particular school/university
This can be done
But, I'm afraid, this will require to add some OM specific attributes to
Moodle users/groups (not sure if Moodle has groups ...)

> The issue that we are facing is that all files and recordings goes to one
> single group 'moodle' for all courses, which is very much confusing and
> unorganized
>
> Nothing is done manual or per user my friend :-)
>
> Ali
> On 12/16/20 6:16 AM, Maxim Solodovnik wrote:
>

> On Tue, 15 Dec 2020 at 12:15, Ali Alhaidary <ali.alhaid...@the5stars.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Max, I expected that there will be an option when creating an
>> instance of OM for group name (could default to Module Key as moodle).
>>
>> As for now, all recordings are stored in one group although they belong
>> to different courses/teachers/dates, the good news is that teachers can
>> rename the lecture recording as course-date-lecture :-)
>>
>> Should I raise a jira?
>>

> I would prefer to have small discussion first :)))
>
> As I understand you are proposing to add "group" to every user in Moodle
> (manually)
> With the default of "module key"?
>
> I doubt someone will do this ...
>

>> Ali
>> On 12/15/20 5:29 AM, Maxim Solodovnik wrote:
>>
>> Hello Ali,
>>
>> when you are configuring OM Moodle plugin you are choosing "Module Key"
>> This will be your group name
>>
>> The idea was: you can configure different Moodle instances to use same OM
>>
>> To have different groups in OM for the one Moodle you need to have
>> several instances of OM Moodle plugin installed
>> Not sure this is possible without modifying source code of plugin
>>
>> On Sat, 12 Dec 2020 at 10:20, Ali Alhaidary <ali.alhaid...@the5stars.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> When setting OM plugin in moodle, the default group will be 'moodle',
>>> however, it is needed that different courses in moodle connects to
>>> different groups in OM, how to do that ?
>>>

>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Maxim
>>

> --