I think what you are referring to is the long term issue that microphone
capture on iOS/Safari doesn't work.

Playing back video/audio from other users is fine on iOS/Safari.
Publishing Camera is also fine on iOS/Safari.

Just publishing your own audio using the built in microphone on iOS/Safari
doesn't work with webRTC/HTML5.

The answer from Apple/webkit was to: If we can raise an issue report at
bugs.webkit.org. Then Apple support / developers are willing to look into
it.
However the bug report has to be based on a neutral/reference example. For
example use the official examples from https://github.com/webrtc/samples to
validate the bug is the same on their official examples.

Also please use the latest Safari/webkit version to test and verify against
examples.

Thanks
Seb

Sebastian Wagner
Director Arrakeen Solutions, OM-Hosting.com
http://arrakeen-solutions.co.nz/
https://om-hosting.com - Cloud & Server Hosting for HTML5
Video-Conferencing OpenMeetings
<https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/da4e8828-743d-4968-af6f-49033f10d60a/public_url>