On 02.07.2016 18:07, Vince D. Kimball wrote:
>> On 27.06.2016 16:47, Mark Ziegler wrote:
>>> Hello Klaas and others,
>>>
>>> archives of this mailinglist and forum contain many postings regarding
>>> update availability.
>>> For server and client. The delay is not transparent for users.
>>> Specially if the changelog talks security fixes.
>>>
>>> If you call this complaining ... please listen to your users.
>>>
>>> Sometimes it has been "around a week", sometimes it has been a month
>>> (for the server).
>>> All channels (twitter, news) tell users "hey there is something new
>>> out in the wile". How to get it? Install it manually.
>>> Maybe you can offer update via updater when user call it by menu entry
>>> at tray icon e.g. "Check for updates..."
>>>
>>> Listen to the compliments you receive as well :-)
>> As a first step, I've now activated the updater. I see an instant
>> increase in traffic so I think this is working :)
>>
>> Daniel
>>
> I have PCs and Macs that still haven't auto-updated.  Is there a way to
> figure out why?
Mac updates had an issues that prevented updates. Update requests are
subject to throttling to ensure the download servers to not get
overloaded. We are increasing the chance incrementally responding to
load on our mirrors (right now: 50% chance). This also Windows checks
once a day and being actively notified takes a restart. So there's a
good chance some of your PCs running Windows are not updated. It will
happen eventually however.

Cheers,
  Daniel